Serving our communities for a combined 300+ years, our hospitals and affiliates hold fast to the tenets of high quality, compassion and commitment to excellence in patient care, close to home. When you join our team, you become part of a dynamic work force that embraces excellence and accomplishes the extraordinary. We invite you to search our "Job Opportunities" section to find just the right match for your career objectives as well as learn about upcoming Job Fairs..
Excela Health is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Excela Health to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related disability, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected class. Excela Health will conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
CHAT ONLINE WITH A NURSING RECRUITER
Talk with one of our recruiters online to learn more about open Nursing positions. Reserve your spot today!
EXCELA HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP
- Medical Assistants in our Outpatient Facilities
- LPNs in our Outpatient Facilities
- Physician Assistants and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners for Hospitalist/Nocturnist practice
- Home Care and Hospice - Go to our Job Opportunities page and search the keyword "Home"
ACCREDITATIONS AND LICENSURES
Frick, Latrobe, and Westmoreland Hospitals are accredited by:
- The Joint Commission
- The Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS)
- The College of American Pathologist Laboratory Services
Frick, Latrobe and Westmoreland Hospitals are licensed by:
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health
Patients may contact the Department of Health directly at the following address:
Acute and Ambulatory Care Services
Health and Welfare Building, Room 532
625 Forster Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120
Latrobe Hospital accredited as a:
- Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons has once again granted a three-year accreditation to the cancer program at Excela Health Latrobe Hospital. To earn this accreditation, one must meet or exceed 34 CoC quality care standards, be evaluated every three years, and maintain levels of excellence in the delivery of comprehensive patient care.
Norwin Surgery Center at Excela Square, North Huntingdon, accredited as an:
- Ambulatory Care Center by the Joint Commission
Excela Health Bariatric Surgery Program
- The Excela Health Bariatric Surgery Program has achieved National Accreditation from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®) meeting the highest standards for patient safety and quality of care, making us an MBSAQIP-Accredited Center - Comprehensive. The MBSAQIP® is a joint program of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery. The standards ensure that bariatric surgical patients receive a multidisciplinary program, not just a surgical procedure, that improves patient outcomes and long-term success.
The Excela Health Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at Westmoreland Hospital
- The Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence (ACE) program again continues its accreditation to Excela Health’s cardiac catheterization laboratory and angioplasty/stenting program. ACE accreditation recognizes the commitment of clinicians and staff to quality assurance, peer review, and the use of evidence-based guidelines. Excela Health is the first health system in Pennsylvania and only the fifth in the nation to receive it. According to Bonnie Weiner, MD, MSEC, MBV, FSCAI, chief medical officer and chair of ACE’s board of directors and director of interventional cardiology research at St. Vincent Hospital, Worchester Medical Center, Worchester, Mass., “By seeking ACE cardiac catheterization accreditation, Excela Health has shown that it has an uncompromising commitment to provide safe, high quality care. The willingness to be evaluated against nationally accepted gold standard practices demonstrates a desire to meet the highest quality standards set by the experts in cardiac and endovascular care.” ACE is sponsored by the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention and the American College of Cardiology Foundation, the two leading professional cardiovascular organizations jointly representing more than 40,000 practitioners.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield continues to recognize Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital as one of the first in the nation to receive a Blue Distinction Center Plussm designation in the area of cardiac care as part of the Blue Distinction Center for Specialty Care® program. Additionally, Excela Health's maternity care, bariatric surgery program and knee and hip replacement program (called Joint Works) have also been named as Blue Distinction Centers Plus. The designation is given to hospitals who are shown to deliver quality specialty care based on objective, transparent measures for patient safety and health outcomes that were developed with input from the medical community.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has lauded the Excela Health Latrobe Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program and its five primary care practices with its highest recognition for using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long term, participative relationships – the NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognized Practice. The recognition demonstrated that the named Excela Health practices have the tools, systems and resources to provide its patients with the “right care, at the right time” according to NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane. The recognition is valid for three years and points to our ability to meet the program’s key elements while embodying characteristics of the medical home.
Excela Health hospitals - Frick, Latrobe and Westmoreland - have been designated Primary Stroke Centers by the Joint Commission and recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Health for exceeding national standards for quality patient care and demonstrating proficiency in the presentation and early management of stroke and TIA based on guidelines established by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association for health care professionals.
Excela Health has been named a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance for its ongoing commitment to responsible lung cancer screening. Designated screening centers of excellence are committed to providing clear information based on current evidence about who is a candidate for lung cancer screening and complies with comprehensive standards based on best practices developed by professional bodies such as the American College of Radiology, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, and the International Early Lung Cancer Action Program.
Our hospitals have been awarded the Silver Level Award from the Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety for emergency management planning and coordination.
Excela Health has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). The designation was awarded to Excela Latrobe and Westmoreland hospitals. Experts conducted peer review evaluations and determined that Excela Health has achieved high practice standards.
For the third consecutive year, Excela Health has been recognized as a Healthiest 100 Workplace in America, an awards program presented by Springbuk®. Excela Health continues to move up in the ranking, this year finishing in the top 25. More than 5,000 employers applied for the award nationally. Excela Health continued its recognition as one of the "Healthiest Employers of Western Pennsylvania", which in 2016, marked the sixth consecutive year. The Pittsburgh Business Times, a local business and industry publication, partnered with Indianapolis-based Healthiest Employer LLC to find the healthiest workplaces in western Pennsylvania.
Since 2008, Excela Health has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace. Excela Health has an additional honor from the Southwestern Pennsylvania Breastfeeding Coalition newly identifying us as an "Exceptionally Supportive Employer."
Excela Health ranks among the nation's leaders in energy efficiency and is one of only two health systems in Pennsylvania to receive the Energy to Care Award. The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association recognized Excela Health at its 53rd Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition. The program, sponsored by Johnson Controls, encourages hospitals across the country to reduce energy consumption. This is the second consecutive year that Excela Health has received this honor on behalf of one or more of its hospitals.
Excela Health has been awarded a 2016 Theodore Roosevelt Workers’ Compensation and Disability Management (Teddy) Award. The Teddy Award program recognizes excellence in workers’ compensation risk management and is presented by Risk & Insurance magazine. Excela Health is one of four winning programs and five honorable mentions. Award winners were selected from nominees nationwide. Award criteria include achieving measurable performance results, as well creativity and resourcefulness in solving workers’ compensation challenges. A panel of judges consisting of industry professionals, including past Teddy Award winners, selects the winners.
If you are a physician looking to learn more about opportunities at Excela Health, please contact Kathy Dobrosky, Coordinator, Physician Recruitment.