Open Accessibility Menu

Ear, Nose & Throat

When you have a condition affecting your ear, nose, or throat, you should see a specialist called an otolaryngologist, better known as an “ENT,” which stands for “ear, nose, and throat.” These specialists are highly knowledgeable about the interconnected structures of the ear, nose, and throat, and are trained to treat the disorders and diseases that affect them.

How Can an ENT Help Me?

If you’ve been to your primary care doctor, they may be able to help with more common conditions treated by an ENT, especially if it’s a short-term condition like impacted earwax, an ear infection, strep throat, or something similar. However, sometimes it’s a better idea to seek the help of an ENT, instead. Examples include a constantly runny nose, sinus pressure, recurring sinus infections, vertigo, hearing changes, difficulty swallowing, or conditions that affect your ability to sleep.

ENTs are specialists who can also perform ENT Surgery if you need to have surgical correction to a problem such as a deviated septum, tonsillectomy, or nasal polyps, among others.