Excela Health in partnership with the world-renowned
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center provides cancer care at three locations in Westmoreland County...
In partnership with Excela Health, the world-renowned UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center delivers cutting-edge cancer treatment close to home. For more than 15 years, through our partnership with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center at the Arnold Palmer Pavilion, our expert team has been providing patients with personalized cancer treatments. Our team works in the areas of breast, lung and prostate and other diagnosis to collaborate and create individualized treatment plans for every patient.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center in partnership with Excela Health offers comprehensive treatment and support services, including:
- Chemotherapy administration
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)*
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)*
- X-ray volumetric imaging (XVI)
- Brachytherapy (HDR for prostate cancer)*
- State-of-the-art surgical services
- Access to clinical trials
- Advanced diagnostic and interventional oncology imaging
- Individual and family therapy
- Cancer and caregiver support groups
Our Cancer Services
Cancer surgeons at Excela Health use minimally invasive techniques for cancer care, which, for cancer patients, means less pain, less blood loss and quicker recovery.
Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) targets the tumor, using computer-generated images to plan and focus a highly precise dose of radiation to individually-targeted sections of the tumor, so higher doses of radiation can be delivered to more irregular tumor volumes.
Prior to treatment, the PET/CT may be used to detect small cancers even before visible structural changes become evident, providing more data in less time and leading to faster, more accurate diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment monitoring.
* Radiation oncology services are available at our Greensburg location only. HDR therapy service is only available at Excela Latrobe Hospital.
Chemotherapy and Medical Treatment
Our nurses are oncology certified and located in each of our three locations -- the Arnold Palmer Pavilion at Mountain View, North Huntingdon and Mount Pleasant. Our nurses work in collaboration with your team of doctors to provide chemotherapy, iron infusions, growth factors to support red and white blood cell count, interferon, monoclonal antibodies, and others.
World-Class Care Close To Home
508 South Church St Suite 202
Mount Pleasant, PA 15666
8775 Norwin Avenue
North Huntingdon, PA 15642