If a problem arises from the veins and arteries rather than the heart, vascular surgeons from the Excela Health Heart and Vascular Center work to get you back in circulation. Our professionals utilize advanced diagnostic tests and focus on treating all diseases of the blood vessels, from blockages in your arteries and aneurysms to varicose veins and venous insufficiency using a variety of techniques and procedures (surgical, minimally invasive and therapies) for vascular conditions including but not limited to:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
- Carotid artery disease
- Dialysis access
- Lower extremity arterial and diabetic-related wounds/ulcers
- Peripheral artery disease
- Renal artery stenosis
- Varicose veins
Your surgeon will discuss with you treatment options that are suitable for your condition. These options may include traditional (open) surgery as well as minimally invasive techniques. Your care team will work to establish the optimal treatment for you.
Treatments may include:
As always, the goal is to help you return to a normal, active life as quickly as possible.
- Carotid surgery
- Lower extremity aneurysm repair
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) - including endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) utilizing Helix-FX technology when appropriate
- Peripheral bypass surgery
- Angioplasty, atherectomy and stenting
- Vein ablation and removal of varicose veins - available at the Excela Advanced Vein Center, an Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) accredited vein center
- Dialysis access
- Drug-coated balloons (DCB) as a treatment option for peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Wound treatment - available at the Excela Advanced Wound Center, with multiple locations for your convenience.