An arrhythmia, or abnormal heartbeat, can often make patients feel as though they have heart fluttering, chest pain, shortness of breath or dizziness. Causes of these arrhythmias are varied and many conditions can alter the electrical signals in the heart that control the rhythm of the heartbeat. An electrophysiologist may recommend testing to help them figure out why this is happening. Electrophysiology studies may help a physician to determine:
- If you need a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Whether medication may work to treat your arrhythmia
- Should an ablation be performed to modify the place inside your heart that is causing the abnormal electrical signal
- Other risks associated with your symptoms.
At our dedicated electrophysiology lab, those with arrhythmia can get top quality care from highly trained specialists while remaining close to home.
Our services include:
- Diagnostic electrophysiology studies
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Pacemaker implantation
- Atrial ablation to correct atrial fibrillation (A-fib) and supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Medical management