Diabetes educators at Excela Health provide information and the tools needed to help you live well today and in the future. The Diabetes Center offers nationally recognized, comprehensive education programming certified by the American Diabetes Association (ADA). Most insurance providers cover program costs but check with your insurer or contact the Diabetes Center for help.
Classes also require a physician referral, which can be faxed to 724-830-6645.
Living with Diabetes: Looking Forward
Diabetes basics including:
- Blood glucose control
- Treatment of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Pre-diabetes counseling
- Monitoring Matters
- Diabetes complications
- Counting carbohydrates
- Portion control
- Reading nutrition labels
- Using spices and seasonings
- Weight management
- Is it for you?
- ABCs of pumping
- Insulin pump initiation
- Advanced pumping
- Continuous glucose monitoring
Medical Nutrition Therapy
- For those with diabetes or chronic kidney disease who are not on dialysis.
- One-on-one and group classes available.
Gestational Diabetes – Monitoring Your Special Nutritional Needs
Dealing with Stress
Traveling with Diabetes
For more information or to register for a class, please call 724-537-1049.