Cancer Support Services in Westmoreland County
- Social work
- Gynecologic Oncology Consultation
- Cancer risk assessment
- Clinical trial screening and enrollment
- Financial/insurance counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Symptom/side effects management
- Support groups/psychosocial counseling
Additional support services are presented in collaboration with Excela Health.
- Ask The Dietitian – Nutrition Therapy presented monthly as an Informal question and answer session at the Arnold Palmer Cancer Center for those in active treatment
- Breast Cancer Education and Support offered the first Tuesday of each month at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital
- Move More, Eat Less, Find Success – nutrition and exercise program specifically for breast cancer patients to decrease risk of recurrence
The Nancy G. Hoffman Complementary Health Services
Little things can make a big difference for those undergoing cancer treatment. The Nancy G. Hoffman Complementary Health Services honors a local woman’s wishes to help women manage the stress of cancer treatment. Volunteers raise funds and provide many of the services themselves in her memory.
Handmade robes, that are kept by the patients, have replaced hospital gowns for women undergoing radiation therapy. Massage therapy and music therapy help reduce anxiety. Classes in yoga, meditation and biofeedback promote relaxation and self-control.
Excela Health Home Care and Hospice
If help is needed, specially trained home care staff can make recovery or ongoing treatment at home easier. Services, including chemotherapy, medication management and education, injections, intravenous therapy, home health aides, palliative care and rehabilitation, to name a few, are just a phone call away.
When you learn that someone you love is terminally ill, the news is difficult itself. Caring for that loved one shouldn’t be. Our Medicare certified program offers symptom control, pain management, physical, emotional, psychosocial, spiritual and practical support for our patients … and their families.
For more information about home care or hospice, call 724-689-1800 or toll free 1-800-427-1400.
Download the 2015 Annual
Excela Health Cancer Care Report