We are currently accepting applications for the DNAP Entry class which will begin in January of 2022. We have changed our deadline for receipt of applications to January 15, 2021.
Any questions concerning admissions or any other aspect of the program may be obtained by contacting the Excela Health School of Anesthesia's program director, Michael DeBroeck, DNP, CRNA, at 724-537-2638 or email@example.com
- Cumulative GPA for all undergraduate work must be 3.0 or above.
- The minimum 3.00 is a cumulative average from all institutions of higher learning attended.
- One of the following:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Diploma or associate degree in nursing plus a baccalaureate degree other than a BSN, providing the program considers it appropriate. (Contact program for questions.)
- If currently pursuing degree, degree must be conferred no later than May 31st of entry year. Acceptance is contingent upon satisfactory completion of degree.
- Minimum of one year critical care experience prior to entrance to the school.
- Critical care experience includes: CCU, ER (Level 1 Trauma only), ICU, MICU, NICU, PICU, TICU, SICU.
- To determine if other clinical experience meets this requirement, contact the program for determination of acceptability.
GRE'S preferred. School DI Code:0767.
Application packets must be complete, in one mailing, and mailed to:
Excela Health School of Anesthesia
One Mellon Way
Latrobe, PA 15650
All application packets must be received by 3 p.m. on the January 15th deadline date to be eligible for consideration. Documents sent
separately will not be accepted.
Applicants need only to apply to Excela Health School of Anesthesia; they do not need to apply to Saint Vincent College. If accepted into the program, Excela Health School of Anesthesia will initiate the enrollment process with Saint Vincent College.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, gender, color, ethnicity, creed, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other factor protected by law. After review of the applicant's completed file, he/she may be selected for a personal interview by the Admissions Committee. The Excela Health School of Anesthesia reserves the right to interview only those candidates who show potential to succeed. Selection will be made based on academic and clinical qualifications and recommendations of the admission interviewers.
If accepted, Excela Health will perform pre-admission and random drug screenings throughout the program.
Policy for Advanced Standing and Transfer Credits
Our curriculum is linear and builds from preceding classes, therefore, we do not accept any transfer credits nor award advanced standing for previous work accomplished, even if this work was done in another nurse anesthesia program.
Estimated Tuition and Associated Costs
Financial aid may be sought through various state and federal channels. The Financial Aid Office at Saint Vincent College can provide additional information. They can be reached at 724-537-4540 or 1-800-782-5549.