At Excela Health, an exceptional patient experience is our top priority. That’s why we have a joint replacement education program called “Joint Works,” which guides you from pre-operative preparation to admission, surgery and follow-up with excellent continuity of care. Not only will we take exceptional care of you, we promise to answer all of your questions. Excela Health Joint Works has received the highest accolades for quality care of our patients from Highmark, which gave us Blue Distinction designation.
Here is how it works:
- After you and your doctor decide it’s time for joint replacement surgery, you will be invited to attend a Free 1st Step Class at Westmoreland or Latrobe Hospitals, Excela Square at Norwin or one of our physician practice sites.
- We invite you to bring a coach to come with you, so your coach can be part of your recovery team.
- That’s where you will meet your joint coordinator, who helps you through the entire process.
- There you will learn about your surgery, the hospital, admission and discharge, therapy and your options for recovery in the days after the surgery.
- You will also be able to have all your pre-admission testing at the class, to save time.
- We introduce you to the entire care team: nurses, therapists, and dietary experts, home health care and case management.
- We also offer free transportation for your physical therapy after surgery.
Join us for the first annual JointWorks Walk this coming September. For more details, click here to review and print the flier/walk application.