Dr. Masterson and the Excela Health Sports Concussion Program are proud to be a credentialed ImPACT® Consultant and leader in sports concussion management.
About our program:
To aid in the continued health and well-being of our youth, we offer a state of the art concussion program designed to reduce the risk of concussion while keeping people active and involved. The focus of our Sports Concussion Program is to educate and assist athletes, parents and coaches in the proper identification and management of concussions. We utilize:
• The ImPACT™ neurocognitive assessment tool
• Force plate balance technology
• Dynavision gross motor testing
• RightEye Neuro Vision
Excela Health is the first in Pennsylvania to offer this set of tests to understand the severity of a patient's head trauma more clearly and assess recovery better.
• Comprehensive management services to allow our specially trained medical staff to guide the recovery of the concussed individual, providing a safe return to play and protecting the future of our young athletes.
Baseline Impact Testing:
Because All Concussions Are Serious Every student athlete should have a Baseline Impact™ Test.
- A baseline for students, ages 10 and older, who are involved in school or club sports.
- Available through Excela Health Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
- The 20 minute test measures verbal and visual memory, reaction time, visual motor
speed and impulse control.