Athletic Training Outreach Program - Getting You Back in the Game
When a sports injury has you sidelined, our orthopedic specialists and athletic trainers offer treatment and personalized care, including physical rehabilitation and training recommendations.
Our certified athletic trainers work with local high schools and colleges to help with both injury prevention and on-the-spot attention when something occurs on the field. As allied health professionals, our certified athletic trainers specialize in the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of muscle and bone injuries and illnesses. Generally, they are one of the first health care providers on the scene when injuries occur. They also work under the direction of a fellowship-trained sports medicine physician, to get you back in the game.
Not to be confused with fitness or personal trainers, our certified athletic trainers can recognize, evaluate and assess injuries, provide immediate care when needed, and "educate" others about becoming physically fit and reducing the risk of injury through various means.
Our certified athletic trainers are located at:
- Penn State University - Fayette campus
- Penn State University - New Kensington
- Saint Vincent College
- Seton Hill University
- Westmoreland County Community College
- Belle Vernon High School
- Connellsville High School
- Greensburg Central Catholic High School
- Greater Latrobe Junior/Senior High School
- Hempfield Area Junior/Senior High School
- Jeannette Junior/Senior High School
- Kiski Area High School
- Mount Pleasant High School
- Norwin Junior/Senior high School
- Penn Trafford High School
- Southmoreland High School
- The Kiski School
- Valley High School
- Yough High School
For more information about our Athletic Training Outreach Program, call Tim McMahon, MS, ATC, Lead Athletic Trainer, 724-689-1970.