Entry Level Program
Pending Change in Program
The Excela Health School of Anesthesia is in the process of making application to the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education Programs (COA) to transition from the current 27 ½ month master’s degree program to a 36 month practice doctorate degree (Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice [DNAP]) program.
When the DNAP program is approved by the COA, new admissions to the master’s degree program will cease. Therefore, all applicants submitting applications in 2018 will be applying to, and have their applications considered for, either the DNAP program (to begin in January 2020, if approved) or the current master’s degree program to begin in August 2019, should there be a delay in the transition process.
The Admissions process has changes, please read carefully.
All applications received after September 1, 2017, must follow the guidelines listed below.
- Cumulative GPA for all undergraduate work must be 3.0 or above.
- The minimum 3.00 is a cumulative average from all institutions of higher learning attended.
- One of the following:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Diploma or associate degree in nursing plus a baccalaureate degree other than a BSN, providing the program considers it appropriate. (Contact program for questions.)
- If currently pursuing degree, degree must be conferred no later than May 31st of entry year. Acceptance is contingent upon satisfactory completion of degree.
- Minimum of one year critical care experience prior to entrance to the school.
- Critical care experience includes: CCU, ER (Level 1 Trauma only), ICU, MICU, NICU, PICU, TICU, SICU.
- To determine if other clinical experience meets this requirement, contact the program for determination of acceptability.
GRE'S preferred. School DI Code:0767.
Application packets must be complete, in one mailing, and mailed to:
Excela Health School of Anesthesia
One Mellon Way
Latrobe, PA 15650
All application packets must be received by 3 p.m. on the September 1st deadline date to be eligible for consideration. Documents sent
separately will not be accepted.
Applicants need only to apply to Excela Health School of Anesthesia; they do not need to apply to Saint Vincent College. If accepted into the program, Excela Health School of Anesthesia will initiate the enrollment process with Saint Vincent College.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, gender, color, ethnicity, creed, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other factor protected by law. After review of the applicant's completed file, he/she may be selected for a personal interview by the Admissions Committee. The Excela Health School of Anesthesia reserves the right to interview only those candidates who show potential to succeed. Selection will be made based on academic and clinical qualifications and recommendations of the admission interviewers.
If accepted, Excela Health will perform pre-admission and random drug screenings throughout the program.
Policy for Transfer Students
We do not accept transfer students at this time.
Estimated Tuition and Associated Costs
Financial aid may be sought through various state and federal channels. The Financial Aid Office at Saint Vincent College can provide additional information. They can be reached at 724-537-4540 or 1-800-782-5549.
Doctorate Level Completion Program
Admissions for the Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Completion Program are suspended at this point in time
Please be advised that the information provided on this Web site is for informative purposes only and may change without notice. It is your responsibility to visit our Web site periodically for changes in the admission criteria.