A Pennsylvania non-profit corporation as described under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, Excela Health offers care across a continuum from prevention and wellness to emergency care, acute care, intensive care, outpatient care, physical, speech and occupational rehabilitation, home care, hospice, and medical equipment and supplies.
Through a system approach, Excela Health can, and does, seek to make care accessible and affordable for our communities. At the same time, we work to attract and retain talented professionals who strive to raise the quality bar, allowing for a level and sophistication of services that previously could only be found in big city medical centers. Further, Excela Health, which is Westmoreland County’s largest employer, made a $1.4 billion impact on the local economy in 2009* and continues that impact to this day.
As a fiscally responsible organization, we continue to look at ways to consolidate, integrate and initiate practices and processes that can sustain us over time, so that we are here today, and well into the future.
- Three acute care hospitals – Frick, Latrobe and Westmoreland Hospitals
- Excela Health Medical Group – A multi-specialty physician group
- Excela Square at Norwin for outpatient surgeries and procedures; primary care physicians and physician specialist offices; cardiac rehabilitation; x-ray, blood work and diagnostic testing; orthopedics and sports medicine, and outpatient physical therapy.
- Laurel Surgical Center for outpatient surgeries and procedures.
- EPIC - Excela Physical Improvement Center for inpatient physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- Nine Outpatient Rehabilitation Centers for physical, occupational and speech therapy
- QuikDRAW and QuikDRAW Plus diagnostic testing sites
- Excela Health Home Care and Hospice
Excela Health School of Anesthesia
- The Arnold Palmer Pavilion, a joint venture between Excela Health and UPMC CancerCenters
- Excela Advanced Sleep Center
- Excela Advanced Wound Center
- Excela Advanced Pain Center
Excela Advanced Lung Center
- MedCare Equipment Company, for durable medical equipment and supplies and a joint venture with Conemaugh, Heritage Valley, Washington and Butler Health systems, St. Clair Hospital, Indiana Regional Medical Center and UPMC.
- Excela Latrobe Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
*The ripple benefit of its workforce and annual total spending is based on regional economic multipliers from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Department of Commerce, and RIMS II Multiplier for the hospital industry.
Form 990 and What It Means
The Form 990 is an annual federal return that presents information about a tax-exempt organization and is required to be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The return holds information about Excela Health’s mission, vision, programs and services, community benefit and finances for the fiscal year as well as details of executive compensation.
We present this information as part of our goal to be organizationally transparent. This return also lists other facets of care including outreach activities, screenings and other ways in which we embrace good corporate citizenship while always maintaining our role as careful stewards of valuable community assets –our hospitals.
Excela Health - 2016 Public Viewing
Excela Health Group - 2016 Public Viewing
Latrobe Area Hospital Charitable Foundation - 2016 Public Viewing
Westmoreland-Frick Hospital Foundation - 2016 Public Viewing