Excela Health’s Family Additions Maternity Center at Westmoreland Hospital offers award winning, quality care in family-friendly surrounds.
To do that takes more than just a high level of attentive care. It also requires well-trained people, from physician specialists and physician’s assistants to nurse practitioners, obstetrical nurses and other health care professionals. It demands the latest technologies, a high level of support throughout the entire process, and an intense dedication to education every step of the way. All focused on you and your family.
Annually, more than 1,600 babies are delivered at Family Additions Maternity Center and through it all, we offer individual sensitivity and care as well as professionalism and expertise. We pride ourselves on bringing a knowledgeable team to meet the individual needs of each mother and child. And we’re sensitive to the special concerns of today’s “modern families.”
We provide a family-friendly environment, one that's warm and caring. Our ten labor-delivery-recovery suites have all the comforts of home, plus all the latest in health technology for both mom and baby. Maternity care at Excela Health also features:
• Newborn nursery
• Special Care (Level II) Nursery – for infants born prematurely, with very low birth weight, or other difficulties, 24/7 neonatal nurse practitioners and a neonatologist, a physician specialist to assist with high-risk deliveries or special newborn needs. Pediatricians, too, are available within the center.
• Should you need an emergency Cesarean section, our operating rooms are located on the same floor
• Private post-partum rooms with pull-out beds for dads
• Waiting room, complete with flat screen TV and coffee service
• Newborn photo service
• Recognized as a “Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace” by the Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Collaborative and the Pennsylvania Breastfeeding Coalition.
• Education and childbirth classes