Excela Health has implemented numerous “Quality Initiatives” so that every patient receives high quality and safe care. One of them is preventing medication errors. That’s where we can use your help. So that you can keep track of your medications as well as aiding others in providing care most accurately, we have developed a “Medication History Card” to be filled out and taken to any medical appointment or hospital visit you make.
So whether you are a patient, may be at some point, or see a doctor regularly, your participation is important. Here’s how you can help:
• Bring a list of your current medications with you to all hospital and doctor’s office visits.
• Update your list of medications regularly, if needed.
• Inform your doctor or health care provider about any allergies.
• Keep track of any immunizations/vaccinations received.
• Ask questions without hesitation about anything concerning your care and treatment.