Frick/Westmoreland Hospital Foundation
The Frick/Westmoreland Hospital Foundation includes two divisions – the Frick Hospital Foundation (established 2002) and the Westmoreland Hospital Foundation (established 1976). Promoting the interests of the hospitals and Excela Health, the foundations have supported programs and services benefitting the communities they serve.
The Frick Hospital Foundation has provided funds for programs and services such as:
• Lifeline® Emergency Response Program, a personal emergency response system for the elderly or those at medical risk who wish to remain independent.
• Cardiac rehabilitation equipment and operating room renovation.
• Emergency Department improvements.
Westmoreland Hospital Foundation supports, among other services:
• Excela Health Home Care and Hospice patient services
• Rehabilitation Services
• Breast Health Center
•Cancer services, the Heart Center and Westmoreland Hospital Emergency Department renovations
Latrobe Area Hospital Charitable Foundation
Since its inception in 1995, the foundation has supported programs and projects that spread the message of good health and disease prevention, train new physicians and clinicians, and support the enhancement of facilities and services.
Among those programs and services:
• Faith In Action, a non-profit group that aids those 60 and older who are unable to perform activities of daily living and wish to remain at home.
• Cardiovascular services, including community education, treatment and rehabilitation options.
• Emergency Department renovation and expansion.
• Camp Focus, a therapeutic day camp for children receiving school-based behavioral health services.
Our foundations also provide scholarships for nursing and medical students, physicians in residency training, and others pursuing health-related careers.
The above is just a sampling of the kinds of support given to our hospitals and communities through our foundations. To speak with one of our foundations, call 724-832-4155 (Frick/Westmoreland Hospital Foundation) or 724-537-1925 (Latrobe Area Hospital Charitable Foundation).