About Excela Health
Since its formation in 2004, Excela Health continues to hold true to its mission of “Improving the health and well-being of every life we touch.” A Pennsylvania non-profit corporation as described under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, we offer care across a continuum from prevention and wellness to emergency care, acute care, intensive care, outpatient care, behavioral health, physical, speech and occupational rehabilitation, home care, hospice, and medical equipment and supplies.
Through a system approach, Excela Health can, and does, seek to make care accessible and affordable for our communities. At the same time, we aim to attract and retain talented professionals who strive to raise the quality bar, allowing for a level and sophistication of services that previously could only be found in big city medical centers. Further, Excela Health, which is Westmoreland County’s largest employer, made a $1.4 billion impact on the local economy in 2009* and continues that impact to this day.
At Excela Health, the extraordinary is embraced as routine by our 4,600 employees, 715 physicians and allied health professionals, 20 residents and over 950 volunteers and auxiliary members who are the life’s blood of the health system.
As a fiscally responsible organization, we continue to look at ways to consolidate, integrate and initiate practices and processes that can sustain us over time, so that we are here today, and well into the future. In short,
We have excellent health care. You have Excela Health.
- Excela Health Medical Group – A multispecialty group comprised of family and internal medicine physicians, cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, critical care specialists, ENT, gastroenterologists, general surgeons, a neurosurgeon, OB/GYN, orthopedic and sports medicine specialists, pain management, palliative care, psychiatrists, physiatrists, a rheumatologist, and thoracic surgeons with 71 office locations throughout Westmoreland County. The group is comprised of 775 employees, 167 physicians and 20 residents.
- Three acute care hospitals – Frick Hospital in Mount Pleasant; Latrobe Hospital, and Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg.
- Excela Square at Norwin for outpatient surgery and procedures; blood work, imaging and diagnostics; outpatient rehabilitation; cardiopulmonary rehabilitation; family medicine, internal medicine and specialist practices including general surgery, gastroenterology, neurosurgery, OB/GYN, and orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Laurel Surgical Center for outpatient surgery and procedures.
- Nine outpatient rehabilitation centers for physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- QuikDRAW and QuikDRAW Plus imaging and lab testing sites in 20 locations across Westmoreland County.
- Excela Health Home Care and Hospice.
- Ligonier Valley Ambulance Services.
- Excela Health School of Anesthesia.
- The Arnold Palmer Pavilion, a joint venture with UPMC CancerCenters.
- Excela Advanced Sleep Center located in Greensburg, Latrobe and Mount Pleasant.
- Excela Advanced Wound Center on the Westmoreland and Frick Hospital campuses.
- MedCare Equipment Company, for durable medical equipment and supplies, a joint venture with Conemaugh, Heritage Valley, Washington and Butler Health systems, St. Clair Hospital and UPMC.
- Excela Latrobe Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program.
*The ripple benefit of its workforce and annual total spending is based on regional economic multipliers from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Department of Commerce, and RIMS II Multiplier for the hospital industry.