Nursing at Excela Health
Delivering on the Excela Health promise to provide exceptional patient-centered care for every life we touch.
Our Nursing Vision
The vision of Excela Health nursing is to provide a culture that promotes a positive patient experience, employee engagement, and overall quality of care. We will uphold our mission through the practice of relationship-based care and interprofessional collaboration.
We will assure nursing excellence by promoting education, professional development, leadership and advocacy.
We will direct our evidence-based nursing practice in alignment with the Excela Health corporate goals of safety, quality, productivity, human development, and growth and margin.
We will endorse our professional practice environment that focuses on a shared governance model.
Our Nursing Guiding Principles
Compassion: We act with empathy, kindness and concern toward others.
Accountability: We are committed to responsible stewardship, whilepartnering with our colleagues in embracing the Excela Health values.
Respect: We treat patients, families and colleagues with dignity and sensitivity, while valuing their differences.
Excellence: We hold ourselves to the higest standards of nursing practices through leadership, exemplary nursing care, autonomy and interprofessional collaboration.
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe ...
• The patient and family are the center of our professional practice. We actively involve our patients in planning their own care.
• A healthy work environment empowers the nurse to deliver compassionate, safe, holistic care to the patient in a competent, ethical and caring manner.
• Relationship-based care promotes positive human connections while creating a caring and healing environment.
• Professional nursing values an interprofessional, collaborative process to create a patient- and family-centered environment.
• Our nurses are committed to innovative strategies, lifelong learning and research to advance clinical nursing.