The admission requirements shall include the following:
Application Letter Application Prerequisites Reference Letter Checklist Application Brochure
1. Current licensure as a registered professional nurse.
2. Minimum of one year of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
3. One of the following:
a. Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
b. Diploma or associate degree in nursing plus a baccalaureate degree other than a BSN,
providing the program considers it appropriate.
Our students, because of the time spent in nursing, should presumably be more mature and, hence, capable of coping with the stresses inherent in the anesthesia situation. In addition to having the above requirements, applicants must have an overall QPA of 3.0 or above in their undergraduate degree. Applicants need only to apply to Excela Health School of Anesthesia; they do not need to apply to Saint Vincent College. If accepted into the program, Excela Health School of Anesthesia will initiate the enrollment process with Saint Vincent College.
As with any school of higher education, to be accepted and successfully complete the course, applicants should have a mature attitude, a pleasant personality, and good health. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, gender, color, ethnicity, creed, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other factor protected by law. After review of the applicants completed file he/she may be selected for a personal interview with the admissions committee. The Excela Health School of Anesthesia reserves the right to interview only those candidates who show potential to succeed. Selection will be made based on academic and clinical qualifications and recommendations of the admission interviewers.
Data for Application File (to be sent directly to school)
- Anesthesia School Application
- Application Fee ($65 yearly)
- Photocopy of current RN Licensure (display portion, if applicable)
- Photocopy of current BLS card
- Photocopy of current ACLS card
- Photocopies of other professional certifications (PALS, CCRN, etc.)
- Three (3) letters of reference from individuals able to evaluate clinical performance (one reference must be from your current nurse manager)
- Professional Resume
- Official nursing school transcripts/college transcripts from every institution of higher learning you have attended, even if you only took one class at that institution. (Transcripts are to be sent directly from institution of higher learning and are not to be included with the Application Packet.)
A complete application, including transcripts and fee, is required every year that you apply. The only exception is that WES transcripts may be used indefinitely, due to cost.
GRE'S preferred. School DI Code: 0767.
Policy for Transfer Students
We do not accept transfer students at this time.
Financial aid may be sought through various state and federal channels. The Financial Aid Office at Saint Vincent College can provide additional information. They can be reached at 724-537-4540 or 1-800-782-5549.
Please be advised that the information provided on this Web site is for informative purposes only and may change without notice. It is your responsibility to visit our Web site periodically for changes in the admission criteria.