Serving our communities for a combined 300+ years, our hospitals and affiliates hold fast to the tenets of high quality, compassion and commitment to excellence in patient care, close to home. When you join our team, you become part of a dynamic work force that embraces excellence and accomplishes the extraordinary.
Award Winning Efforts
• Silver Level Award from the Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety for emergency management planning and coordination for Frick, Latrobe and Westmoreland Hospitals.
Award Winning Clinical Care
• Frick, Latrobe and Westmoreland Hospitals have received American Heart/American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award, recognizing our commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of stroke care according to nationally accepted standards and recommendations.
• Our cardiothoracic surgical program is ranked among the nation’s best by Consumer Reports , known for their data-rich comparisons of products and services to help buyers make an informed choice, as seen in print and on-line at consumerreports.org/health. Excela Health Cardio-Thoracic Surgical Associates is ranked among the Top 10 percent nationally, having receieved a three-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) two years in a row. The STS report is the "gold standard" for evaluation of caridac surgery programs. Consumer Reports partnered with the STS to publish ratings of heart surgery groups based on their performance in the area of bypass operations called coronary artery bypass grafting of CABG.
• Excela Health has been named a "Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care" by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. Hospitals who receive this distinction are selected after a rigorous evaluation is made of their clinical data, providing insight into the facility's structure, processes and outcomes of care.
• Excela Health in partnership with Quality Insights of Pennsylvania and the Westmoreland County Area Agency on Aging, together called the Care Transition Project, was recognized May 2011 by Secretary of Aging Brian Duke, garnering the "2011 Excellence in Action Award for Outstanding Achievement in Care Transition." The Care Transition Project members work to find solutions to the rising problem of readmissions by helping older adults remain healthy after a hospital stay. The awardees were chosen by the U.S. Administration on Aging and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Frick Hospital's Emergency Department has been recognized over the last several years for sustaining excellence in patient satisfaction, while becoming a model and leader for the organization. Consistently ranking within the 90th percentile and above among like-size hospitals in patient satisfaction since 2005, the ED has been designated a Press Ganey Success Story Finalist (2006), Hospital Association of Pennsylvania Operational Excellence Award (2007) winner, and a Press Ganey Forum Best Practice Award (2007) recipient.
Centers of Excellence:
• The obstetrics department at Westmoreland Hospital has been nationally recognized by a leading national health care ratings organization, setting the stage for continued excellence as maternity care within Excela Health moves toward a Center of Excellence model.
• The spine surgery program has also received national recognition and is now part of the Neuroscience Center.
• Accreditation for Cardiovacular Excellence: Excela Health becomes the first health care organization in Pennsylvania to hold accreditation for its cardiac catheterization laboraotry and angioplasty/stenting program from the Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence (ACE), an organization dedicated to ensuring adherence to the highest quality standards for cardiovascular and endovascular care. To date, onle a few health care providers nationwide, including Excela Health, have earned this disinction. ACE is sponsored by the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions and the American College of Cardiology Foundation.
•Excela Health was honored June 16, 2011, in Pittsburgh as a Healthiest Employer for 2011 by the Pittsburgh Business Times, a local business and industry publication who partnered with Indianapolis-based Healthiest Employer LLC to find the healthiest workplace in western Pennsylvania. Excela Health will receive this designation again in 2012.
• Excela Health Frick Hospital is among the hospitals featured in the fifth annual "Top 200 Coding Hospitals" report prepared by Ingenix, a leading health information, technology and consulting company.
• Excela Health Latrobe Hospital has been nationally recognized by a leading national health care ratings organization for excellence in patient safety.